Spring is a great time to get out of your house and enjoy the long-awaited warm (well, warmer) weather. It’s also a great time to get a move on with home maintenance tasks that were shelved—for obvious reasons—last winter. If you’re putting together your spring cleaning checklist, make sure roof inspection gets a prominent spot.
Winston-Salem roofers recommend having your roof inspected at least twice a year: once in spring and again in fall. Springtime checks allow you to reverse any damage incurred over the last winter, while autumn checks let you prepare for the next one.
Why Do It Now
1. The warmer weather allows you to do a ground-level outdoor inspection without any trouble or discomfort.
2. Leaks, missing or broken shingles and damaged flashing that may have been hidden by layers of snow and ice can now be easily spotted.
3. Your contractor can safely do a close-up inspection of your roof with fewer worries about slippery slopes and brittle shingles.
4. You can schedule repairs or replacements before the hot summer days kick in.
Things to Check For
If you’re doing a ground-level check with binoculars, here are some of the signs you’ll want to look out for:
- Missing, loose or worn shingles
- Discolored shingles
- Loose flashing
- Blocked roof vents
- Rust spots or loose seams
- Shingle granules collecting in the gutter
- Blocked downspouts
- Leaking gutters
Indoors, you can check for water damage and moist insulation in your attic. Other common warning signs are stained or sagging ceilings, peeling wallpaper and cracked paint.
Hire a Professional
Whether or not you spot visible signs of roof damage, it’ll be a smart move to contact a Winston-Salem, NC roofing contractor before the season ends. Keep in mind that an expert eye will be able to spot potential issues long before they become discernible to a layman.
ABC Roofing provides dependable roofing services in Greensboro and the nearby areas. When you hire us, you can rest assured that you’re getting only the highest-quality materials, excellent workmanship and outstanding customer care. We are a certified GAF Master Elite™ roofer and a CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator™.
Learn more about our services by calling (336) 286-0462 today.