Whether you are a new homeowner or you have been living in your house for quite a while, replacing your roof is something that you will have to do at one point in time. So before that day comes, it’s best that you know where you can find reliable roofers in Greensboro NC, like ABC Roofing, and how you can enlist their services.
But before you ask a specific roofing company to install a new roof in your property, first, you must get a roofing estimate. But what exactly should be included in the job?
- The type of roof covering, manufacturer, and color – this will mainly depend on the type and manufacturer of roofing material you want to use, whether it is metal, slate, or composite shingle roofing.
- Materials to be included in the work – in addition to the roofing materials stated above, the estimate should provide details on the underlayment, ice dam protection membrane, and sealant used to seal any areas that require waterproofing such as flashing and nail holes, and other necessary items.
- Scope of work to be done – the estimate should also include a very detailed description of the work that is to be done on your roof. This will include the removal or replacement of existing roof; flashing work and its locations, as well as the sizes of the nails and fasteners to be used; and ventilation work if additional vents are needed.
- Installation method – the methods and procedures to be used during the installation process.
- Estimated starting and completion dates – the date of when the Greensboro roofers will actually start the work on your roof and when they are expected to finish it.
- Payment procedures – the estimate should include a section that discusses how the contractor wants to be paid, whether by installment, cash, credit card, or other known payment methods.
- Guarantees, warranties, and expectations – your contractor should list down who is responsible for cleaning up and repairing/replacing exterior landscape or interior finishes that are damaged during the roof replacement process. Additionally, the estimate should also have a section that discusses workmanship and material warranties, what’s included in them, and the length of their validity.
As the saying goes, “Knowledge is power.” By knowing what exactly is included in your roofing estimate, you can be sure that you’ll get quality services at a fair price. Call us today and we will schedule your free estimate.