Slate is one of the loveliest and most durable roofing materials on the market. However, for many American homeowners, the cost of a slate roof can be prohibitive because it is not the easiest material to install, repair or replace. If you want the look of genuine slate for your roof without breaking the bank, ABC Roofing offers a solution: GAF TruSlate®.
What is TruSlate?
GAF TruSlate is a genuine hand-split quarried slate, NOT a synthetic imitation. It is classified as S1 Grade, the highest-quality grade of slate. TruSlate provides affordable luxury that will increase your home’s value as well as its curb appeal.
How did GAF manage to produce a premium material without the premium price tag? By replacing the portion of roofing slate that gets tucked under the piece above it with a high-tech waterproofing material. It’s an ingenious product, one that can be installed on virtually any roof.
What are the benefits of TruSlate?
TruSlate offers the following advantages:
- Real hand-split slate quarried slate.
- Natural color aging that adds charm and grace.
- Durability; does not curl or wrap.
- High wind resistance.
- Easier installation process for Greensboro roofers.
- Waterproofing design from GAF.
- Increase in property value.
- Wide variety of colors.
What color options are available for TruSlate?
Several TruSlate color options are available under two different collections. From the International Slate Collection, you can get:
1. Greystone – medium gray tone that complements or accents other slate colors
2. Mystic Grey – medium to dark gray tone that is a perfect base for blending with other colors; has a unique pattern of green mist on some pieces
3. Onyx Black – unfading dark black tone
Under the Americana Collection, a new line of colors from GAF, you have:
1. Meadow Green – has a mix of light and dark tones with gray shading; goes well with Antique Purple
2. Antique Purple – ranges from plum to dark magenta; has varying amounts of green mottling
3. Autumn Dusk – one of the most versatile options in the collection; comes in natural gray, green, tan and buff
4. Charcoal – has light and gray tones; blends well with other colors
5. Rustic Red – one of the rarest and hardest slate variants in the world; comes in a deep red shade
Where can you get TruSlate in Northern and Central Carolina?
ABC Roofing can help make your dream slate roof a reality. We are one of the few roofers in Greensboro, NC certified to carry premium GAF products, including TruSlate. As a GAF Master Elite™ contractor, we strive for total excellence in all our product and service offerings.
Call us today at (336-286-0462) to schedule a free in-home estimate or fill out our contact form here.